Personal branding helps you build authenticity, trust, credibility, and connections.
Why Branding Yourself is Important? Branding yourself keeps you current in your chosen field, opens doors for you, and creates a lasting impression on clients. … A successful brand self-promotes stimulates a unique experience, breathes loyalty, and offers consistency in the quality of the service it offers.
If you’re wondering why branding yourself is important, well, for starters, you need to be aware of the fact that everyone has a personal brand. Personal branding has a key role to play in the development of your career. For increasing the chance of advancing in a career, you should know how to properly brand yourself. This ensures you are in the right spot to excel in career and reach where you wish to be.
In simple words, personal branding is the process of creating a public identity for the target audience. It includes conveying your beliefs, purpose, values, and goals. For those who don’t know, personal branding is similar to business branding. The difference is that you will be marketing yourself.
Personal branding is also a great way to inform people what type of person you are. It is something that will motivate you to be successful. When you build a personal brand, you will feel comfortable during work. In addition, it will help in clarifying that your intentions are genuine and clear. People are comfortable around people they know. Since they will know about your energy source, they will let you be in charge of their needs- and, well, everyone knows trust is crucial for success.
Personal branding is thus important for anyone who wants to advance in their career, as it helps you build authenticity, trust, credibility, and connections. I assume by now that you are finally convinced that personal branding is the way to go in order to put your name out there and beat your competition no matter which field you are in. But the question now becomes: how does one do it properly?
I have listed for you “Five easy Steps To Brand Yourself In 2020”
1. Upgrade your mindset The first and most important step is to completely switch the way you think, especially when it comes to social media. Social media is no longer about posting photos of delicious food and fancy vacations; it has a deeper objective to show off your true skills across multiple platforms that are consumed on daily basis by many audiences worldwide.
2. Define your expertise Do this by simply outlining your experience on a piece of paper, and use it as a roadmap to reflect it in the digital world! This step will let you find out exactly what your core abilities are, and how you can steer them in your favor to expose yourself to the world. Even if you have zero experience, you can start by knowing exactly what you want to do, and then immediately start educating yourself utilizing thousands of available learning sources we have now. Remember to share with the world your progress; you will be amazed at how many people are going to be interested in what you share.
3. Be everywhere Yes, everywhere! Even the platforms that you hate or don’t know how to use, you have to be on them, and learn how to use them! I also started a YouTube channel to share my travels journey with my wife and my solo bikepacking trip.
4. Share knowledge What you need to do across your different online channels is to share knowledge as much as you can and help everyone to benefit from your unique experience. Make sure the content you share will become important to the people who will start to follow you and keep track of what you post.
5. Engage with others Don’t build a one-way channel that broadcasts information only, create an engaging community around you, where you’d reach out to others in your field, and engage with their content in a meaningful way. You can do this through simple steps like, liking their post (if you really do), and leaving a comment that not only attracts more eyeballs but also get recognized as an active person who provides value.