Kuih Onde-Onde kelapa (fried sesame balls)
Kuih Onde-Onde kelapa –(fried sesame balls)
My whole family loves this kuih and it is one of my signature recipes from my late
mom. The recipe that produces tasty & soft springy skin.
This time I used fresh coconut filling – you can use any other type of beans filling if
Yields about 20 pieces
120g Glutinous Rice Flour
20g Plain Flour
35g Palm sugar
3 Spoons brown sugar
A pinch Salt
Sesame Seeds – for coating
- Mix all ingredients (except sesame seeds & filling) to form a soft dough.
Divide into your preferred size of balls.
Flatten each ball, place a ball of filling & wrap.
Roll onto sesame seeds.
- If you like to keep for later consumption, place in an air tight container and
Make sure you thaw in fridge before frying.
- Deep fry above medium slow fire until golden.
Palm sugar + Brown sugar
Heat up the sugar and water in the wok until boiled. Add grated coconut,
screwpine leaf, salt and stir till mixture thickens, Cook further till slightly not dry
Dish out and set to cool.
You may be interested in:
- 1- How to make Rendang from home
- 2- How to make Gula Melaka from home
- 3- How to make Nasi Lemak from home