The easiest way to Make Artisan bread at home
Even if you’ve never made homemade bread or worked with yeast before, this homemade crusty artisan bread is for you. It’s the perfect beginner recipe because it only requires a few ingredients that everyone has at home. Bread masters will appreciate this recipe too because it delivers delicious flavor, a slightly crisp and mega chewy crust, and those signature soft holes inside like ciabatta or French bread.
Makes: 2 small Loaves of bread
- 400g bread flour or plain flour
- 7g dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- warm water
Prep:20min › Cook:25min › Extra time:1hr proofing › Ready in:1hr45min
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and slowly add enough water to form a soft dough.
- Place the dough onto a lightly dusted surface and leave for roughly 5 minutes to settle.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic and place in the desired container or onto a baking tray.
- The dough will need about an hour to two hours to rise depending on where it is placed.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. (10mn before)
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. ( Optional: add olive oil on top )Remove the bread and tap the underneath, and if it sounds hollow, it should be done!
You may also be interested in:
- 1- How to make Rendang from home
- 2- How to make Gula Melaka from home
- 3- How to make Nasi Lemak from home